VP Marketing and Brand Strategy Job Description Template
Report To: Chief Marketing Officer / Chief Executive Officer
Manages Others: Yes
The VP Marketing and Brand Strategy supports the Chief Marketing Officer/ Chief Executive Offices in a wide range of functions across the team including, corporate branding, content marketing, events, and thought leadership. Goals of the position include ensuring consistent messaging across all stakeholders to support the branding and marketing plan that will enhance and promote <BRAND> reputation and visibility worldwide. The role needs to consider long-and short-term financial implications, competitive factors, internal/external stakeholders and customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead creative development of brand strategy and how it impacts visual architecture, marketing experiences and materials.
- Communicate with management to cultivate an aesthetic and brand that reflects the company’s core values and ideals.
- Manage and direct creation of materials from in house designers, vendors and freelancers, providing feedback to meet company standards for excellency. Advise consultants on marketing needs when they are engaged to create assets for the company.
- Organize brain-storming and review sessions with the design team to help facilitate creative thinking, teamwork, and create alignment on brand goals.
- Partner cross-functionally across the marketing team to create consistent tonality and excellency across all deliverables.
- Review materials to assess their validity and appropriateness for our brand.
- Drive processes that cultivate shared purpose and increase collaboration within the marketing team.
- Identify opportunities, both external and internal, for team members to increase the creativity, curiosity, and empathy needed for impactful and authentic marketing experiences.
- Drive experience-oriented strategies on the marketing team and consider how individual materials and deliverables help tell the brand story to our audience.
- Coordinate with team management to help set resource creators up for success through discussing business needs, team constraints, capabilities, and potential. Identify and help implement improvements to process and encourage cross-team collaboration.
- Advocate for the importance of establishing an interactive creative process on the marketing team, help develop inclusive strategies for team engagement.
- Work with teams across the business to develop successful marketing branding strategies.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a rich and comprehensive brand narrative, voice, look and feel, including brand guidelines.
- Lead the creation of new names and positioning for products so that our brand architecture is clear and provides competitive differentiation.
- Key participant in ensuring that the company’s websites improve image, drive customer engagement and sales, and showcase attractiveness as an employer.
- Manages the Brand Manager to ensure brand consistency across all divisions.
- Works with Internal Communications team to develop and implement strategies to ensure all team members have a deep understanding of brand
Leave A Comment