Events Manager Job Description
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Manages Others: No
The Trade Show and Events Marketing Manager will lead <BRAND> corporate events direction and vision, aligning to the company’s goals and developing, designing and delivering on a multi-event strategic plan. He/she will conceptualize, plan, budget, and execute events that integrate into marketing goals and contribute directly to sales pipeline success. Events include tradeshows, customer events, seminars, user conferences, partner events, and executive dinners. He/she will be a creative thinker that drives new ideas and innovation into the events program, inspiring the broader team and delivering exceptional event experiences for customers, partners, employees, and other key stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead strategic and creative development of corporate events and related swag strategy to amplify our brand story and image at regional and national trade shows and events.
- Proactively manage all event needs, including event identification, selection, and all aspects from branding and content creation to venue selection and event execution.
- Strategically connect business priorities, objectives, and key messages for complete brand experience.
- Define event goals: gather and track ROI, engagement analytics, and feedback to consistently assess and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Develop pre-event, at-event, and post-event marketing plans in conjunction with product, customer and sales teams.
- Develop and manage external partners and vendors for multiple events and related swag, including negotiating optimal terms.
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to create event agendas and content that meet engagement objectives.
- Ensure that event staff are identified, informed, with clearly defined roles.
- Drive project management of events plan and reconcile budgets to execute event plans.
- Develop and manage planning tools (e.g., budget tracking, project timeline, production schedules, event specs, meeting agendas and notes, etc.)
- Lead creation of event communications and promotion for event programs to drive attendance.
- Be a team player responsible to build out and manage processes that will ensure the success of our events across functional groups and with production partners.
- Develop and deliver event enablement to include pre-event briefings, at-event briefings, and drive post-event follow-up briefings and event retrospectives.
- Solicit, oversee preparation, and manage keynotes and speaking sessions for all relevant corporate conferences and industry trade shows.
- Create corporate event marketing swag vision and strategy that integrates brand, design, content, corporate events, and PR to increase awareness and engagement, and express brand personality with every interaction.
- Coordinate with design to develop swag strategy as part of brand persona. Evoke spirit of brand and personality in swag items.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (ex: Business, Management, or related field) or relevant experience
- Experience managing large events and trade shows
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively create awareness of organization’s presence at events with prospects, customers, and other industry interests
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate activity with individuals inside and outside the organization for purposes of executing trade shows
- Skill in managing and working within established budgets